This technique is awesome because you can use it on most kinds of metal- including coins! This artistry is ideal for earrings, necklaces, and bracelets- or anything you can attach a small metal piece to. Skip the jewelry store and create unique pieces that will be the life of the party- and a lot easier on your pocketbook. Here's how you do it in 5 easy steps:
1. Pick out your metal piece: these can be found at most art stores, or you can use a coin or other spare metal. Make sure its relatively flat.
2. Put metal piece on a hard surface and tape in in place for stabilization. Steel bench blocks and masking tape work great.
3. Put the desired letter/number stamp vertically on the metal piece and strike it with your hammer.
4. Repeat the process with the rest of the desired letters/numbers.
5. Use a metal hole punch or drill to create holes on the metal piece to thread jewelry chains through. Once completed, thread jewelry chain through the desired holes.
Congratulations! You have just created your own metal stamped jewelry. Have fun DIY-ing!
*Remember to always work with caution. Deals Only is not responsible for user error or injuries*